Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Let's talk about a SewTogetherBag sew-along!


Last week I threw out the idea of doing a sew-along for a Sew Together Bag and I couldn't believe the overwhelming response I got.  The comments over and over were: "I've had the pattern for years, but I'm intimidated to start."

Well, I'm here to help with that! Over the past 8 years I've made countless Sew Together Bags, and I can't wait to show you that they're not as hard as they might seem, if you have someone to help you along the way.

This sew-along starts next week, and will consist of weekly instructions, helpful tips, and videos that will walk you through every step of the way!

If this free sew-along sounds like something you don't want to miss out on, then all you need to do is sign-up here:

Sew-Along Sign Up (CLICK HERE)

If you need the pattern:

- PDF version is available HERE. (use discount code STBSewAlong for 15% off all patterns)

- PRINTED version is available HERE. (use discount code REDRAINBOOTSHANDMADE for 10% off your entire order)


The timeline for the sew-along is as follows:

July 19 - Intro & Gathering Supplies (2 weeks)

Aug 2 - Week 1: Cutting + Interfacing

Aug 9 - Week 2: Outer Panel

Aug 16 - Week 3: Insides (zippers)

Aug 23 - Week 4: Attaching the Sides

Aug 30 - Week 5: Finishing It Up!

There are so many cute ideas for the outside panels of these Sew Along Bags.  I would highly recommend looking on IG at the hashtag #sewtogetherbag for inspiration!

Ok - make sure you sign up to be on the email list, and be sure to follow me on Instagram @RedRainbootsHandmade, where I will be posting info and links to get you started! 

1 comment:

  1. I am eagerly looking forward to this. I hope I can keep up. I might have to bring a sewing machine along with me on a trip during the sew-along. I can't wait to see all the finished bags after it ends.

    ReplyDelete

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...