Monday, August 23, 2021

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags finished! 

Which is exactly what we're going to do today:  

- final zipper
- binding
- zipper tabs


Attaching the last zipper + bindings:


Final Step: Zipper Tabs!
One thing to mention: if you're using a Long Pull zipper like I am here (long pull zipper = wider), you will need to make your tabs a bit bigger.  Cut (2) 2"x6".





And just like that, you have a finished Sew Together Bag!  Please be sure to tag me when you post photos of your bags - seeing your progress (and your joy in the journey) is often the highlight of my day!



Sew Together Bag Sew-Along schedule:
(click on any previous date to be taken to that week's blog post)

July 26 - Intro (part 2): Ideas for Personalizing Your Outer Panel

Aug 2 - Week 1: Cutting + Interfacing

Aug 9 - Week 2: Outer Panel

Aug 16 - Week 3: Insides (zippers)

Aug 23 - Week 4: Attaching the Sides (and Binding!)

Aug 30 - Week 5: Finishing It Up! (final zipper + binding)


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the SAL. It was so helpful and gave me the courage to try the bag. I finished my bag this afternoon and absolutely love it. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this very helpful series. I've made two of these now and look forward to making more.

    ReplyDelete

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...