Tuesday, November 13, 2012

:: More Homemade Wall Art

I know, I know.  You are probably sick of me talking about using old, weathered boards and hanging them on walls.  But I just can't help it.  I have so many ideas of things I want to make!
Here are a few examples:
 
The Handmade Home

The House of Belonging
KPattonDesigns


I am absolutely loving these 3 Christmas ones!

 
Love, love, love this design.  But might try it in using the gratitude saying.
 

GoJumpInTheLake
 
This next one I made for my little sister a few weeks ago.  She wanted something special for their anniversary.  And it went much better, since I used a different method for painting on the lettering.
Rather than trace the outline with a pen, I used a flat-head screwdriver, and pressed the outline of the letters.  So much easier!
 


I made it completely on my own.  You know what they say:  Necessity is the mother of invention.  And in the process, I learned how to use 2 more of my man's power tools.  It's quite a liberating experience.  Now I told him I can make as many as I get the hankering to!  Good thing.  I think he is getting tired of having to create all my pinterest ideas.
 
What about you?  Any pinterest inspirations that you've tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...