Thursday, November 15, 2012

:: Christmas Quilt

 
As long as I can remember, my Dad's birthday (November 8th) has marked the date that us kids were allowed to start listening to Christmas music.  He loved it so much, and seamlessly passed that love down to each one of his 9 children!  The past 2 days, my own little munchies have been listening to it non-stop.  And I admit, the music and recent cold weather have made me want to enjoy every minute of this coming Christmas season.
 
 
Last year I made this quilt for my Mom for her December birthday.  It was one of those quilts you love (and hate) to give away.  I especially adore the red ric-rac trim around the edges.  Ric rac makes my heart beat faster.  Especially when it's red.  =) 
 

I free-motion quilted it, using stippling with loops thrown in here and there.

 
 Pattern:  Wild Thing
Fabric:  12 Days of Christmas, by Kate Spain
 
Someday, I think I'm gonna have to make one for me.  =)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...