Thursday, November 29, 2012

:: Baby Quilt #2 - Houndstooth


So now that you know about the baby girl quilt I made, it's time to talk baby boy quilt.   Before Blaize was born, we hardly dared to hope it might be a boy.  And even though NOT finding out what we were having was hard... Oh, it is so incredible at the end!


And after seeing this pattern, I knew I wanted to make a houndstooth baby quilt.


The backing fabric was a vintage print of Goldilocks and the 3 bears.  But it was really the bears that won my heart.  Especially "mummy bear".

 
 
I machine quilted it using my walking foot, in a simple grid pattern.  Not too much to make it stiff, but enough to give it texture.
 
 
Baby Blaize sleeps under it every night, and I love seeing that houndstooth peek out of his crib at me every time I walk in the room..  Almost as much as I love seeing his little face peek out above it.  =)
 
Quilt Pattern:  Houndstooth - by V and Co
fabric:  Moda Bella Solids, Bunny Hill Blue
white and background (not sure)

2 comments:

  1. That houndstooth quilt is so classy and modern and vintage at the same time. I love it, especially in the subtle light grey blue. And the simple stitching complements it so well. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kels,
      thanks for all your sweet comments. they made my day!

      Delete

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...