Thursday, October 4, 2012

:: Harvest


Last night we had the first freeze of the season, so yesterday the kids and I set out to harvest our pumpkins... 


The weather was absolutely perfect.  Warm sunshine, with just a hint of autumn crispness in the air. 
I think God put something in all of us that likes the idea of gathering and storing up for the winter.  Yesterday it was quite obvious in my children!


Or maybe (for my oldest) it was the mere fact that he got to effectively and usefully use his machetti. =)


Now we are ready.  Let those cooler days come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...