Monday, October 8, 2012

:: Getting Ready

Heating a house with a woodstove is wonderful and cozy, but it is also a ton of work.  However, my man says that even if we COULD afford to heat our home with gas, he would wouldn't.
The hard work it requires is such a good teacher for our children...and forced excercise for
us big people. =)

Sept 29, 2012 - last weekend


I love the sound the logs make when they are being split.  The chugging of the log-splitter engine, the gentle groan of the log as the pressure is applied, forcing it apart;  then the sharp cracking sound as the wood splits in half and the pieces fall to the ground.  You can even smell the wood.  I love it.


whether work or play, those girls of ours LIVE in dresses... and boots =)


We have our very own cheering section while we work.  Little Mista's first two bottom teeth just broke through this week, and he's already working on the top two.  The drool flows freely these days
amidst the smiles.


We have beautiful piles like this everywhere, and I couldn't agree more with my man.  But some days I wonder if we are simply gluttons for punishment. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...