Friday, March 27, 2015

Black Stripe Binding

I'm rather obsessed with the fresh look that a black stripe binding adds to so many of the different quilts (here and here) and SewTogetherBags I've made recently.  It's my go-to binding for most projects. 
I've had been asked quite often about which stripe I use and where I buy it.
The answer is: I used 2 different stripes, and I usually buy them from fabric.com or Hobby Lobby.
sewtogetherbag
small stripe
black stripe binding
large stripe
Timeless Treasures Stripes Black/White
The smaller stripe I use is by Timeless Treasures, and you can find it numerous places online.  I usually get it (here) from Fabric.com, but I also noticed Hobby Lobby carries it, too!  I buy it multiple yards at a time.   =)  It adds a bit softer contrast, while still being fresh, classic, and unexpected.
Michael Miller Clown Stripe White/Black
The larger stripe is Michael Miller Clown Stripe, and gives a more dramatic contrast and flare.   (Also bought here at fabric.com)
So there you go.  Now if you've been looking for some of the "famous" black stripe binding fabric, now you can get what you're looking for.



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I love the look of the black and white binding on a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right -- the black and white stripe adds just the right amount of "zing" and it just goes great with EVERYTHING! Thanks for sharing your sources!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info. Love your quilts and bags!

    ReplyDelete

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...