Saturday, March 21, 2020

Modern Pearls Quilt Along - Week One (and pattern!)

Welcome to the start of the Modern Pearls Quilt-Along! I'm excited that we can have fun sewing together.

Here's a quick run-down:

Schedule
It'll be a fast 4 weeks, but I have a feeling many of you will be able to get it done in a week or two!  Every Monday I'll put up a new blog post with the week's homework, and the question-of-the-week.  
3/23 - Decide on fabric
3/30 - Cut out your quilt.  Sew strips.
4/6 - Sew 9-patches
4/13 - Sew quilt top together

Theme
This is going to be super relaxed and fun.  There may or may not be prizes. (I don't know yet!) But I want to encourage you to post progress photos as you go. I'll come up with a few fun, interactive questions that you can answer (if you want) when you post your photos.  These help us get to know each other!

Hashtag
Don't forget to use 2 different hashtags when you post your progress pictures:
#modernpearlsquiltalong
#twocolorquilt

Other hashtags you can use (so other quilters can find you)
#irishchainquilt
#modernpearlsquilt

Pattern
(edited: You can now find the pattern HERE)


I can't wait to see what you're going to make!


You can find the other quilt-along posts by clicking these links:
Week 2 - cutting and sewing strips sets (here)
Week 3 - sub-cutting strips + sewing blocks (here)
Week 4 - sewing your quilt top - the finish! (here)

6 comments:

  1. We are calling this our "social distancing" quilt, since I'm making mine in Utah, and my daughter-in-law is making hers in Ohio - this will help bring us together again. Material ordered, and on it's way, can't wait to get started, thanks for this cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the free pattern. My fabric arrived today so I will be cutting tomorrow and right on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more. I'm taking your sustenance in addition. Thanks june birthstones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just received my quilt kit! I'm so excited to make this beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...