Thursday, December 13, 2012

:: Books Right Now

Recently, we have been enjoying a few good children's books from our local library. With children ages 2-8, I like them not too short, but not painfully long (to read out-loud).  And they make us laugh whenever we get to our favorite spots.

Officer Buckle and Gloria, by Peggy Rathmann
A fun story about humorous safety tips, but mostly friendship.

 
 
Doctor DeSoto, by William Steig
The kids ask me to read this one over and over again.  They love it when we get to this page:
 
 
Room on the Broom, by Julia Donaldson
We got this one around Halloween, but love it so much we are still reading it. 
 
 
A whole series of books that we adore.  I think we've checked out every single one time and time again.  I love reading these outloud.
 
 

 
My 8-year-old couldn't put this one down, and then Josh read it aloud at night to all the kids.  A wonderful story about a tree-frog.  There is a second book, too.
Pibbin the Small: A Tale of Friendship Bog


Hank the Cowdog.  by John R. Erickson
A whole series of books.
But we love to get the Book-on-CD and listen to these out-loud.
Just hearing the voice of Hank makes us laugh.  I use these for the kids' quiet hour.  My 6-year-old and 8-year-old especially love these.
The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog (Quality))
 
So that's a little of what we are reading.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...